Sound Devices released firmware version 5.00 for all MixPre recorders, including the new MixPre II Series. All current and legacy MixPre and MixPre-M models have received useful improvements and features, including flexible USB output routing and USB hub support. Additionally, version 5.00 introduces the new MixAssist Plugin, bringing Sound Devices’ field-proven automixer to the MixPre Original Series and MixPre II Series.
New v5.0 Highlights Include:
- Support for optional MixAssist plugin. All models except M-Series.
- USB Output routing matrix
- Sound Reports added to MixPre-3, MixPre-6, MixPre-3 II, and MixPre-6 II.
- Expanded list of cameras supported for HDMI timecode and triggers including cameras from Blackmagic, Canon, Nikon, and Fujifilm in addition to the already supported Sony and Panasonic cameras.
- New USB hub support, simultaneously use multiple USB devices, such as a USB controller, USB Keyboards, and a USB drive.
- Various improvements and bug fixes
The MixAssist Plugin is compatible with the MixPre Original Series and MixPre II Series, and may be purchased from the Sound Sound Devices Plugin Store.
To download v5.0 and the complete list of new features, changes and fixes visit sounddevices downwnload page.