Yesterday on 15th of September,2020. Grass Valley introduced new EDIUS X. EDIUS X marks the start of a new era in nonlinear editing. EDIUS X comes with a completely redesigned core engine along with a modular concept allowing even more performance for fully customizable workflows.
For technical requirements and additional info please click on the “More” button
For almost two decades, EDIUS hallmark has been its stability, benchmark setting performance and creative tools. EDIUS is being used across the industry from broadcast facilities and newsgathering organizations up to government institutions, corporate productions, independent filmmakers, video creators and video enthusiasts.
EDIUS X’s new modular design enables Grass Valley to continuously update and enhance the EDIUS X feature set and workflow options. This allows to meet upcoming user demands and incorporate new technologies and web services into the software itself.
All EDIUS 10.x update releases will be available free of charge during the expected lifecycle of about two to three years.
Features of EDIUS X Version 10.0:
- Background Rendering: EDIUS X will never ask you to interrupt your editing for a process to finish. This makes your workflow smooth, creative, and virtually unstoppable.
- Background Export: The new background render engine is also great for exporting files. You will never have to pause working while exporting.
- GV Job Monitor: EDIUS X keeps you informed regarding all background activities and lets you prioritize jobs as needed.
- VST Plug-In Support: EDIUS X broadens the support for VST-plugins. This includes support for latency plug-ins along with a powerful WaveShell integration.
- Motion Tracker with Chase Mode: EDIUS X allows you to easily attach a label, animation or video clip to your tracked object.
- Motion Tracker with Anchor Mode: Have your picture automatically reframed with reference to the tracked object. This is great for aspect ratio conversions and virtual multicamera shots.
- H.265 Export: EDIUS X speeds up export rendering time by leveraging NVIDIA GPU support. This is also available with the new Background Rendering options.
- GUI Color: EDIUS X comes with a refined GUI in a slightly darker color. This makes editing even more comfortable with a cool new look.
- Draft Mode: With EDIUS X, EDIUS X Pro now also includes the Draft Preview Mode allowing realtime playback of as of many tracks as you like.
- 8K Support: EDIUS X Workgroup allows project settings and also file export in up to 8K.
- Optimized Performance: EDIUS X is all about performance and a futureproofed design. EDIUS X requires Windows 10 and makes optimal use of advanced technology. This includes hardware acceleration provided by Intel QuickSync as well as broad GPU support. The new modular design allows utilizing the potential of multicore CPUs more efficiently than ever before.
- Optimized Audio Sync Performance: EDIUS X provides an even faster automatic audio sync function to align as many clips as your projects requires for a smooth multicam experience.
- Native Support for the Latest Cameras and Codecs: EDIUS X supports the newest codecs and camera releases natively like no other NLE. There’s no need to transcode, so you can just edit!
- Ongoing Continuous Development: EDIUS X will continue to expand and grow its toolset with even more creative possibilities. EDIUS X users will benefit from all EDIUS 10.x updates available for download free of charge throughout the entire lifecycle of EDIUS X.
Minimum System Requirements (standalone):
CPU: CPU with AVX2 support: Intel 4th Gen or newer or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: 8 GB RAM or more | for 4K projects 16 GB or more
Hard Disk: 6 GB of hard disk space for installation, fast drive for video storage
Graphics Card: 1 GB VRAM or more | for 4K projects 2 GB or more
Sound Card: Sound card with WDM driver support
Network: Internet connection required for initial software license activation, thereafter once per month to maintain usage | Offline activation and usage possible for EDIUS X Workgroup
OS: Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or later
For more info on the new features you can take a look on the following videos: